Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Traveling Herbalist

So it has certainly been a long time since I've written.

Lots has happened. I was working multiple jobs at a time, to pay off a lot of school loans (yay American school system--you fail), and save for my major trip. I am currently on a working holiday visa in the gorgeous country of -- New Zealand! I have already been here almost 6 months, and am absolutely loving it! The people are super friendly, the food is amazing, delicious local wine and cider, and every landscape is stupid pretty. I was just about to start another hostel job, in Fox glacier, in the south island, when the lovely NZ prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, announced a lockdown starting on Wednesday, March 25th, 2020. At the time this was announced, it was Monday and my boss and I were trying to figure out how many hours I could get, since the borders were closed , or what to do. Even thought they were listed as an essential business, and needed to stay open, they closed since the PM said businesses must close (go figure).
So currently I am doing my best to find a remote job, in customer service, as a virtual assistant or something along those lines...till than, I have a lot of free time, and figured why not write --since I love it.

Where to start...guess the beginning...

Almost 6 years ago now, I saw this incredible picture of someone on some mountain hike. I found that location was Mt Aspiring, on the south island in New Zealand. So that, plus my sister wanting to help me go in the right direction, sent me an article about a famous blog couple living and working in New Zealand. I decided to print the hike picture out, and on the sides drew lines, to represent my trip savings.


Only thing was, my income wasn't that great. Paying off loans was hardly feasible at the time, let alone saving for a international trip to an expensive country. As luck would have it I was working at a food co op, great place, pay was ok...eventually I was laid off, budget issues (facepalm). Eventually I would learn this was a good thing. I got a job at a local gym, also not the best place to work...but I was desperate. Eventually, through a friend recommending me, I got a job at the Minneapolis airport (interesting and exhausting place to work in general).

I worked multiple jobs at a time...saved tons of money, wrote up a paid off goal sheet, time line for trip...etc. This helped me keep track of money goals; I had a lovely sheet written in black, that I'd mark off in red once I paid off a loan, credit card etc. Once I got into a good rhythm, of working, and paying things off, it felt very good to pay in full loans--oh man! Repeat this for almost 3 years. Friends, and family, including my sister asked me, "how do you do it?". Well I am very very driven to reach goals, I ate well, had not much of a life outside of work, and when I worked at the airport, they had a lot of registered therapy dogs. Instant de-stresser!

A lovely dog at my Airport

I was on very good track with saving for my New Zealand trip, and paying off loans--woot!
Through lots of more hard work, quitting one bad job at the airport, I got hired with a temp agency to work for a health insurance company--very hard job but quite rewarding --helping people. I was hired on in the spring, since I started working for them via  employment agency.
Start the countdown---T minus 6 months to New Zealand! Now it get's fun, and even a bit more challenging. Work two jobs, minimize, sell, and pack up … what I was keeping, or taking with me abroad. I've gotta say, I need to move more often again, to minimize some things I have...one reason I miss college.

This Blog's Summary:
-keep on working towards your goals, even if it takes a while
-never give up
-stay focused
-Do it even if it sounds crazy to some

Coming Up:
- prepping for living and working abroad

3 comments:

  1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
    in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
    have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
    read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
    contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
    remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
    another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
    nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy and happiness is all i see around ever since i came in contact with this great man. i complained bitterly to him about me having herpes only for him to tell me it’s a minor stuff. He told me he has cured thousands of people but i did not believe until he sent me the herbal medicine and i took it as instructed by this great man, only to go to the hospital after two weeks for another test and i was confirmed negative. For the first time in four years i was getting that result. i want to use this medium to thank this great man. His name is Dr aziegbe, i came in contact with his email through a friend in UK and ever since then my live has been full with laughter and great peace of mind. i urge you all with herpes or HSV to contact him if you willing to give him a chance. you can contact him through this email DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL .COM or you can also WhatsApp him +2349035465208
    He also cured my friend with HIV and ever since then i strongly believe he can do all things. Don't be deceived thinking he does not work, i believe if you can get in contact with this man all your troubles will be over. i have done my part in spreading the good news. Contact him through his email and you will be the next to testify of his great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete